"We drop anchor in the goodness of God."
~Paula Rhinehart

Sunday, September 29, 2013

His Presence is in interruption.

"Are you willing to be interrupted?" 

This was one of many questions that resonated with me during time in Pemba, at the Harvest School of Mission last fall. I have often been reminded of this question throughout this year in Mozambique, often hearing a gentle whisper, 

             "You said you were willing to be interrupted."

I am learning. 
Sometimes it is more of a fight in me, and takes a little longer, 
     for me to choose to joyfully and expectantly walk in them.

As I read the Book of Mark, I notice that Jesus was often "interrupted."
      But He did not call them interruptions. 


He welcomed the children and had them come to Him. 


He noticed and stopped for the bleeding woman on His way to heal Jairus's daughter. 


He was taking His disciples to a desolate place--to pull away to "rest awhile." 

People saw them going, went ahead of them on foot, beat them there...
And Jesus had compassion on them. Sheep without a Shepherd. He taught them many things.
Then He fed them. All. With 2 fish and 5 loaves of bread.

I wonder what the outcome would have been if He had arrived there and asked them to leave, informing them that He and His disciples came to rest for awhile and have some much needed alone time together.
Instead, Jesus miraculously feeds the 5,000. 

In these situations and so many more, Jesus was in the midst of or on His way to accomplish another great purpose; yet He stopped. 


I don't want to miss the better plans that involve more than just me because I am so focused on other plans--that are also valuable. In continual need of His direction and wisdom, moment by moment.


I want to hear and follow the voice behind me saying, "This is the way; walk in it." 


I want to be willing to be interrupted. and notice His Presence in them, daily. 


(Mark Chapter 5 &6; Isaiah 30)

No comments:

Post a Comment