"We drop anchor in the goodness of God."
~Paula Rhinehart

Friday, August 31, 2012

I'm heading to Mozambique in less than a month!


In less than a month, I will be getting on a plane and traveling to Mozambique!! I am really excited. Even though I am thrilled that I get to go live and serve in Mozambique, I have been noticing this last month that there are many more emotions going on in me besides excitement. J  
Questions have been asked. Tears have been cried.  Fears have surfaced. 

From the start of this summer I have been continually reminded that my God is good. He is Full of goodness and of grace. I am reminded that Jesus is the one that is faithful. He never changes. I can choose to drop anchor in the Lord’s goodness, and trust in ALL that He is.  
It is in this place of trusting and resting that I want to live each day.  
It is in this place of trust and rest that I want to go and be in Mozambique.

I am thankful for the ways the Lord has gone before me and paved out this next season. I am thankful for the process of the last several years and am joyfully expectant about these next years. I am thankful for all the encouragement and the many ways family and friends have poured into me and spoken into this process.

I would love for you to continue to join me through prayer as I prepare for and am in Mozambique. I hope to share on this blog, at least somewhat regularly!  My new e-mail address is katieinmozambique@gmail.com. If you would like to get e-mail updates specifically on how you can be praying, please just send me an e-mail letting me know.

In His abundant grace,
Katie  

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I will be reading and praying.
    "But as for me, the nearness of God is my good. I have made the Lord God my refuge, that I may tell of all Your works." Psalm 73:28

    ReplyDelete
  2. If God be for you, who can ever be against you! May those you serve see God's love and care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to an update when you get settled.
    Jo Ann

    ReplyDelete